Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Guys,

I have a Merlin Legend that has centrex lines attached. The system can transfer by sending a signal to the Verizon CO to place the call on hold and dial a new number to tranfer to the new location. This is working half the time on the same telephones. One time it works next time it doesn't. I am thinking Verizon is the problem. What do you guys think?

Quaz

My guess would be Verizon. I bet not all the lines are centrex that they are grabbing so it only works when it grabs a centrex line.

Telecomboy,

Thank you for the response. Are there dtmf senders in the system that could go bad?

This sounds like the system is set for (Or should be set for) BEHIND SWITCH MODE.

The BELL LABS DESIGN INTENT of BEHIND SWITCH was that transfers are to be done within the HOST SWITCH.

If it is set for that, then the Transfer Buttons (and others)have to send a Signal (Usually a switch hook flash) to the Host Switch. If they're trying to use the DEFAULT transfer feature in the Legend, then that maybe your conflict.

The Feature Reference mentions programming LINE BUTTONS for the TRANSFER and other features.

So, what do you have?

Merlinman,

I set this up 15 years ago. Worked great. I send a *-pause-pause-XXXXXXXXXX-# to Verizon. Switch type is for PRI/T-1 set-up, isn't it? These are analog lines on copper.

Thank you for the response.

Quaz

Very well, what could be going on is the VERIZON Switch isn't always recognizing the FLASH.

Perhaps you'd want to play around with the RECALL TIMER.

Sys Prog > Options > more >RecallTimer

I would recommend trying a slightly longer one, just to test.......

I would get on the Operator phone, with all of the lines assigned to buttons, and test each to ensure that they are actually Centrex and allow flash/transfer/disconnect

ID the telephone number on each line
Call each line from your cell
Answer on the Operator phone, flash, dial an outside number
When the call starts to ring through, hang up the Operator phone, and see if your cell gets connected to the outside number

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the help.

I did what you gentlemen suggested and it is working perfectly again.

Thanks again!!

Quaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back