Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intermittent tape drive requires cleaning on IBM LTO2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsio

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
CA
Does anyone know of any issues related to cleaning errors reported by NetWorker 7.1.2 on Windows 2000 with IBM LTO Gen2 tape drives (fibre channel connected and in a STK L180 library)?

I intermittently get "\\.\Tape0 requires cleaning" error whenever I label (or re-label) the tape. This happens even if I change the tape cartridge or even use another tape drive to label. In fact, two successive label operations will sometimes yield success in the first label command, but generate the cleaning error on the second label operation (and vice versa). I believe that I do not have problems with my tape drives or tape cartridges.

I know that there is a similar issue with DLT drives with Windows 2000 where a patch from Microsoft for the dlttape.sys driver is needed. I cannot seem to find any similar issue with LTO Gen-2 drives.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Sio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back