Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent: Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
We have a dozen scheduled report groups on our BOE server. They have been running flawlessly for about a month now. Over the long Memorial Day Weekend, there were errors with 5 of thew report groups. The first 2 groups encountered error [Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server] on the first report inthe group. I found a post for a similar, but not exact error message that indicated it might be a job timeout issue [over 20 minutes]. I did notice that the instance details for both of these reports showed more than 20 minutes from start to stop. This is highly unusual for these reports which normal run in less than a minute.

The remaining errors were associated with Invalid Printer but I wonder if they resulted from the prior failed reports tying up the printer.

I noticed on the other similar thread that it mentions checking the Event Viewer. Where is this? I do not have direct access to the Windows 2008 Server, hust a CMC Admin login. I appreciate any suggestions asa far as finding more details concerning Crystal Reports server processes.

This error is probably/hopefully going to be chalked up to network/server outage/maintenance over the weekend, but I would feel better if I knew more means of gathering information about runtime errors.

Thanks,
Bill

Server Info: BOE 4.0 SP04
running on Windows Server 2008
CMC - Help About: Product: 14.1.0
CMC – Settings - Properties
Build Date: 2012/06/11:18:38:06
Build Number: 738
Product Version: 14.0.3

Event Viewer is a Windows tool and you would need to log in to the server to run it. Since you don't have access to the server, you would need to get someone who does have access to look at it for you. They could also pull the BO log files from that date so you could see what might be happening. The log file location depends on which version of BO you're running.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for the information Hilfy. I was able to get the server administrator to provide me with server error information. He gave me an XLS file [applog] which I believe is from Windows Event Viewer. I found some event entries that match up with the times of some of the Crystal Reports scheduled job errors, however, it has not provided much more insight into what actually occurred. The good news is that no more errors have occurred.

Crystal Server Report Instance [A1]
Start Time: 5/25/2014 8:41 PM
End Time: 5/25/2014 9:03 PM <------- 21:03
Error Message: Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server.
Server applog:
Warning 5/25/2014 21:03 BusinessObjects_cms 47390
The scheduler component failed the object identified by 207642. The job associated with the object was unresponsive.

Crystal Server Report Instance [B1]
Start Time: 5/25/2014 9:00 PM
End Time: 5/25/2014 9:32 PM <------ 21:32
Error Message: Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server.
Server applog:
Warning 5/25/2014 21:32 BusinessObjects_crproc 35208
DocumentProcessingServer A subprocess in the processing serer was forced to terminate. (RCIRAS0622)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back