Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent NDT when display is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

QofJennica

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
US
Recently random phones will have no dialtone. The display is fine and it shows a phone next to an extension. I asked the one person with the problem to try calling a number even though there was no dialtone in case it was just a case of no dialton. That didn't help.

I called the individual to see what would happen and the phone rings on their end but when they pick up the handset they get dead air. As the caller I hear 4 rings and go to voice mail.

If I perform a UNTT in ld 30 to the phone it starts working fine.

Any ideas on what I can check? I was thinking it might be something with hardware since we were getting TDS005/TDS008 problems. We also recently had another no dialtone problem when our main phone was giving NWS614 020 when I tried to test the unit. I even moved the phone in software to another card and superloop to see if the problem would go away and that problem just magically fixed itself a few weeks later.

looks like a speech path problem, the number of digital sets and the number of scr keys both can lead to that problem.. if you have a lot of dept;s that are setup key system style, your going to have a problem.. when the number of scr keys is greater then 3, i use mcr or even better pickup gropus.. another thing that leads to that problem is acd sets, to many of those on a single loop can cause problems.. the problem is usually in a single group to start with... loops using the x 1 side if the network are twice as prone to that porblem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back