Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkbyte6171

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2006
US
I have an exchange 2003 server setup to send and receive emails both internally and externally.

The setup is working for the most part except intermittently I get this error message.

----------------------------------------------------------
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: SMTP
Sent: 7/25/2006 12:49 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'name@domain.com' on 7/25/2006 12:49 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<server.domain.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, relaying denied from your location [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (#5.7.1)>

-----------------------------------------------------------

I had this same error before, during configuration, but was remedied by adding the external DNS server addresses under the Delivery tab advanced settings.

Now I can send one mail and receive it, then receive this error on a second send, ten minutes later it will work again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Let me be more basic, I sent 7 emails to a specifice address someone@domain.com subject was test1 - test7.

every other one made it to the destination and the rest gave me the error above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back