Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Email Issues - Only on Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dresteve3000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2011
US
Fellow IT people:

At my organization we have one Exchange 2003 server installed on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 with Symantec Mail Security for Exchange. About 6 months ago we decided to implement an EventSink to add a disclaimer to all outbound email.

This is not supported by Microsoft in a single Exchange server environment, so we followed these instructions:

We successfully get the disclaimer stamped on all outgoing reply email, however sometimes emails get stuck in the queue and no matter what we do (restart SMTP, attempt to force the connection, etc...) it just sits in the queue.

The interesting thing is that this only happens after the user has replied multiple times and to the recipients.

If anyone has seen something similar please let me know how it was fixed, or if more information is needed please let me know also.

-dresteve3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back