Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent DHCP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrizzorg

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2016
US
Hello forum,

So I am relatively new to Shoretel, so bear with me here...

My LAN is 192.168.1.X, and my VOIP is 192.168.150.X.
My LAN DHCP server forwards the requests as intended...for MOST of my phones. At random, between 8-10 phones receive IP address from my LAN server (this does not affect whether the phone works or not), and some receive IP addresses from BOTH servers (although only ONE of the IP Addresses is pingable).

Setting the phone's DHCP cache seems to resolve the issue - for THAT phone - but then it just seems to affect another phone at random. I don't want to have to manually remove DHCP caching from each phone (annoying and doesn't "fix" the issue), so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Further, the DHCP server for the VLAN is only at 50% scope usage.

dhcp_servers_pxkf8e.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Are the settings on your data switch for the individual ports all the same?

tagged/untagged for each of the vlans?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back