Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeleneP

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
I have a lot of remote users who are having difficulty getting consistent VPN access to our systems over fast internet / DSL / broadband connections.

For example, 2 users together, same hotel, both connected, got email and browsed the network. Same 2 users together, different country but in the same hotel, 1 connected 1 couldn't. They have the same connection settings using v8.0 with the same policies.

I have several users with this problem where they could connect without incident a while ago but now connection is intermittent at best. Dial-up connections are fine.

Currently I am looking at MS updates as possibly being the problem but am open to other suggestions. Has anyone else got / had (and hopefully fixed) this issue. My users are starting to mutiny.

Check how the tunnel is connected Via TCP or UDP and also make sure users can ping your public VPN server from the internet. I see a lot of hotels requiring users to turn off the proxy server in order to load a web page where they must register in order to obtain an ip address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back