Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent clipping and one way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMMcN

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2014
US
Avaya IP Office 9.0 installed 4 years ago. 24 extensions. A couple of months ago, started with intermittent clipping and one way audio on about 2% of the calls, incoming and outgoing. 8 channel PRI with fiber to the building, 15K call volume/month. Carrier has replaced all their onsite equipment, I've replaced the POE switch, reseated cards, grounded unit, etc. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. One call is crystal clear, next has issues, Any ideas?

Is it possible these issues could be related to the widespread network congestion cause by everyone working remote at the moment? We have several customers with intermittent call quality issues since feb/march.

This started previous to the Covid madness. I've noticed a degradation of call quality, however, theirs seems to be worse.

Are you on the latest version of 9.0 ?.
Are you using VOIP phones ?

Yes to both, 1616i's. This started happening all at once and is intermittent.

Any update to this?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It went away...
Their phone traffic went through the roof due to Covid and has stayed there, however, the issue has subsided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back