Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Citrix Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

leegregory

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
GB
We have developed a strange problem on our citrix farm

We have 6 servers (windows 2000 sp4 running metaframe 1.8 FR2)

We have recently removed a server from the server farm and we now have a situation where randomly people cannot access the server farm.

We have 20 spare licenses so it is not a license issue.

The error that people get is

"Cannot connect to the Citrix Metaframe server, An unspecified error occurred" If they try repeatedly to connect they will eventually connect but it is not acceptable.

We now have about 150 people connected to 5 servers. Could it be that the server that was removed performed some kind of roll with-in the farm that we are not aware of. I have checked and one of the other servers is the data collector server and another server acts as the PNlite server for the Winterm logons.

I cannot find any information on this error on the Citrix site as I think it may be a little to generic.

Any help would be appreciated.

leegregory,
Have you checked your load-evaluators to make sure that they have been adjusted properly. Its been a long time since I've worked with 1.8 but it sounds like you might have increaded the load on the other servers and they might not be configured (in the load evaluator) to allow that extra load. Thats why its kind of hit and miss for your end-users.

Hope that helps.

I would be tempted to remove the DNS entry for this server as well.

It could also be the cache DNS/NetBios on the clients. A refresh of that should do the trick.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back