Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermitent transfer failure from call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPGConneautLake

Technical User
Sep 20, 2009
US
I am getting intermittent transfer failures to outside numbers through an application. I've tested all the DSP,s and have sucessfully completed on every one. The trunks going out are on a PRI and are set up for linear hunting. I hit the same trunk every time sometimes with sucess sometimes not. The call pilot is running 3.3.6 and is on a CS1000s. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't know if there is a specific patch that applies to this problem or not. I've reviewed them for 3.3.6 but none of the patches seemed relevant.

Take a look at all of your voicemail ports and verify they are all programmed with the same NCOS/TGAR in the PBX. Are you testing strictly from internal to external, or are you testing from external and then back out?

I have verified that all the TGAR's and NCOS's of the 8 agents are the same. I've also verified that the SCN of each agent matches that of the Call Pilot.
I have tested both scenario's where a call from the outside is placed to this service and also a call from an extension inside is placed to this service and it fails both ways. What I have noticed is that it seems to have something to do with answer supervision. When the calls are sucessful, when testing internally from a display set you will see the ACOD and the MBER of the route display on the phone I am testing from, when it fails you will only see the number you have dialed and will hear ringback. While I am hearing ringback I also tested to my cellphone through this service, if I answer the cell phone the display will change to show the Route and MBER but if I let it go you will get a recording from Call Pilot that says Your call cannot be dialed at this time.

I had this trouble once, it was when I upgraded from 4 to 8 ports, the 4 new voice mail ports didnt have a TRN key or AO6 key on them, for conference and transfer, so when it hit one of those ports it wouldnt dial out, ang I received the error you are getting. here is a print out of one ACDN for my callpillot.

KEY 00 ACD 79300 0 79301
AGN
01 SCN 79401 0 MARP
02 MSB
03 NRD
06 TRN
07 AO6

are you getting errors on your alarm monitor? something like SLEE error or GAM failed to transfer?

if so, then your end of dial timer is set high on outgoing trunks.

try reducing the timer. around 6000ms for analog and 3000ms for digital.

I've checked the programming on the agent sets. I see both the conference and the transfer keys assigned. Thank you for your help.
About the GAM failed to transfer, I am seeing that in Call Pilot. That's where I've seen other posts also saying that there is something wrong with the SCN programmed on the agent sets. I've gone over and over these. Why the EOD timer? Sometimes these work sometimes they don't. If I set it too low, I'm afraid I'll get wrong numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back