Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermec 3240

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradth

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2005
CA
Hello, currently I am working with an Intermec 3240 barcode printer. Whenever I try to print to this printer from either code or from the Printset software, the Alert light keeps on flashing. I know that this light means that an overheat condition has occured. However if I let the printer sit off overnight, and try again the next morning, the light will still flash after I try to print. I have another 3240 sitting around that is being used for pieces, so I am able to use this printer for pieces to swap in and out. What I was wondering is what would be causing this problem? Is there a temperature sensor located somewhere on the printer? Does it have anything to do with the printhead? I've placed in a printhead and replaced the paperfeed sensor already, but no such luck. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad

I supsect the blinking light is that the printer is getting some information it does not like or garbage.
How are you creating the label?
I would go back to square 1 and create a simple label using a design program such as "label view" or "label matrix". then see if you get the same result.

you can use free in DEMO mode for a month

DougP, MCP, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back