Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interfacing two computers Through Parallel Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJKHAN

Programmer
Dec 3, 2003
PK
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to interface two computers through the
parallel port. But when i send data from one computer
say A to another computer B. Then I dont receive the
data at computer B. I am using port 378 for
tranferring and receiving.

Computer A Program
.model small
.stack 100h
.data
.code
.startup
mov dx,0378h
mov al,'a'
out dx,al
.exit
end
Computer B Program
.model small
.stack 100h
.data
.code
.startup
mov dx,0378h
in al,dx
mov ah,2
mov dl,al
int 21h
.exit
end
Computer A sends the data and Computer B recieves the
data
Thanxs
Faisal

hello.

i am not really good at assembly language or any other programming languages, but i think what you are trying to do is not possible...correct me if i am wrong, you are trying to display "a" to machine b..

it will not work because the data you've sent will be lost before machine a will be able to get it..unless you've timed it perfectly. think about how fast the data will go from machine a to machine b....

anyway, what you can do is add a combinational circuit between the two machines...or maybe you can make a TSR program that will run on the background of your machine b that will wait for the data from machine a.

i hope this will help

another posibility is to loop your program in machine a, long enough for machine b to be able to collect the data..

this is just another thought..

Consider using a hardware handshake so that the transmitting end raises a line to indicate data present and the receiving end raises a line to indicate data read.

rgds
Zeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back