Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interfacing PSTN, X100P FXO card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsonbemoi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2006
I'm thinking about buying a Digium X100P FXO. My end goal is to use a Linux box with Asterisk and make myself a H323 gateway to use with my CCM 4.1(2). Can anyone please advise on the following:
The product specs for the X100P card say "analog". What does that mean? The phone line on which I plan to hook up the X100P has DSL service, so I'm guessing it's not an analog line, but rather a digital one. Will the X100P do the job or do I need something else.

Not familiar with the Digium specifically, but in general "analog" devices work just fine on DSL lines, though the Telco does usually recommend line filters. When they mention "analog", I'm pretty sure they are referring to the fact that its not a digital circuit with smartjacks, etc.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back