Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interfacing Production Statistics (i.e. msf440, msf420, msf410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
AU
Does anyone have experience/thoughts/advice with interfacing statistics from third party products to MIMS Production Statistics? Our company is not BOC capable. Considering MINT scripting or some kind of direct database connectivity.

Jeff Sullivan and the folks at Add-Ons have done a lot of batch interfacing. Without BOC, real time updates are a kind of scary thought... Glen Colbert
gcolbert@mslden.com

We made a batch copy of MSO435 that reads input from a MST435 text file instead of the screen. It creates the appropriate file entries and then submits the request for MSB460 just like the online equipment logsheet entry.

I've implemented solutions that drive MSO screens (MSO400, MSO310 etc) from Perl via tp_tserv. It's robust and execution is very quick.

Just recently, I also upgraded these solutions for Ellipse which (in this customers case) uses CICS. Minimal programming changes to upgrade the actual script - just replaced tp_tserv with a CICS EPI program.

Regards,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back