Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

interface range command

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormon

Technical User
Mar 4, 2005
GB

Hi Lads ,

I am currently working on port security on one of out 5500G switches. I was wondering is there any command or macro that will allow me to modify many ports at the one time , similar to the Cisco interface range commands ??

Thanks in advance

Kevin........

There is an range command, but it is only for certain attributes, and port security is not one of them. I found that if you bring up the switch on the network and then use the web interface, the "select all" button works well. I just deselect the uplink.

One other thing of note, the 4500G has spanning-tree edge-port enabled by default, so on your uplink, you may want to "undo" it.

Another thing of note... we're deploying a massive amount of 4500Gs. We found that if spanning-tree (STP) is enabled and port security is set, there is severe packet loss on those ports. 3COM is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it. We've had to disable STP in order to implement port security.

Good man Trey , cheers for that . On a side note we have ip phones plugged into the Ports where we want to use the port security commands. Theses ports are trunks because the ip phones are switches in essence with the P.C plugged into the ports . For some reason the port security will only learn the mac address from the data vlan and not the Phone vlan , so the phone will not work . I have set the limit off mac-addresses to be 10 so the fact that the port security wont see the phone is weird. you seem to know about port security , just wondering if have come across this.

No, I sure haven't. We have IP phones, but they're not plugged into a 4500G. Sorry!

Hi Trey , yes we are using Ip Phones .

Thanks ..

Hi.. I was just wondering if you were power over ethernet to power your IP phones or if you were using the power adapters. Just curious if POE is causing the MAC address to not show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back