Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interesting voicemail issue. Please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGT

Vendor
Aug 16, 2002
US
I have a client with a BCM400 Version 3.6 NT7B10AADJ. On many mornings the voicemail and associated services are found to be down. Most of the time they cannot be manualy restarted and requires a power clycling. The services seem to be failing some time after the nightly backp.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Check to make sure the capacitors on the BFT are not leaking or expanding as known issue which causes voicemail to fail. Also affects LAN connectivity. If you dial <FEATURE> 981 and get "inactive feature" I would check the BFT.

Thanks. This system does not suffer from the capacitor recall.

What is involved in replacing the MSC card? Did you have the exact same symptom?

I have the same problem with a version 3.7 installed few weeks ago (about 6 to 8 weeks). Brand new system. I will post later the NT7B. It's happend only twice. Everytime costumer call first hour in the morning. Happend during night. First time, we got power outage during the night but we had a battery backup maybe the battery runout of power. I don't know but, last week nothing special. The costumer call to let us know that voice mail is down and also the wireless phone (WLAN2211 set). No PBX found on the handset. I log on remotely. Yes I have access to ! On backup section I'm able to restart system. Everything work fine after restart but never know when it will happend again. I will take a look at my backup schedul. I will let you know !

I sure that the version 3.7 are no cover by PAA for replacing the MSC card. It's affect only version 3.0, 3.01 & 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back