Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interesting request - # of rings based on a time profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkbrt

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
Ok, here is the deal. I have a customer who wants to change the amount of rings based on a time profile. I have tried to set up a standard time based huntgroup as the overflow to a proceeding huntgroup. I have also tried to drop the call directly in vm pro. Any insight into this would be awesome. Thanks

Set your incoming call route to VM Pro.

Use Condition Editor in VMPro to do a look up based on the time of day. Depending on the condition (true or false), you would route the calls to the extension or hunt group your customer wants to ring.

NOTE: If your VMPro computer is unreliable, don't do this! If VMPro is down, your customer will not be able to receive calls.

If you have a hunt group name which matches the VMPRO module name it should ring there if VM is down.

Also, to clarify.

Ringing is to a hunt group?

If so,

Copy, and paste existing hunt group(we will call it AAA here) to create new one, name it BBB
Set up time profile SHORTRING.
Set ICR to Destination hunt group AAA
Set ICR to hunt group BBB for night service destination
Set night service profile to SHORTRING

Record the hunt goup BBB greeting to match HG AAA, or just copy and paste its greeting in on the VMPRO server, if you know how. Then adjust the timers on the second hunt group to change the time before it goes to VM to the time you want. The caller will not know it is a different HG.

IN VMPRO, you can create a LEAVE custom hunt group start point for hunt group BBB, leading to a leave mail action specific tab AAA hunt group mailbox number so they only have one to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back