Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interesting piece of tech used by SG1 in this season 6 scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I saw this when it was broadcast and I've been keeping an eye out for it ever since.

Skip to 3:03 and depending on how long you've worked on Mitel's, you may see something familiar.

Link

Nice catch KWB SX200 analog console.....haven't seen one in years

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Well that's a blast from the past.

Here's the story, many years ago when I worked in LA we installed an SX 200 at the Lucas films production offices called the Egg Factory in North Hollywood. I never noticed the console in the film but when we installed the system one of the managers came along when I had the cab door open noticed the LED's , thought it was cool and as this was in the reception area they had a custom built glass door for the SX 200 !!

Money no object

Perhaps this is where the idea come from to use the console in the film.

I later worked at ILM is San Francisco and learned some interesting things that the special effects folk did. Wow that's a while ago now.

Thanks kwbMitel. That brings back many memories of my early days installing SX200 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back