Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

interent connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dat

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
CA
Hi
Here is the situation. any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

I have two computers connected with HUB working in peer to peer. One PC have windows NT workstation and no modem. The second PC had windows 98 second edition and has a modem. Both the PC are connected with a 8 port hub.
I want a share a dialup internet connection among them. I.e., I want access internet from both computers with one dialup ISP account. How can do it?
Is it possible if I enable Interent connection sharing in windows 98SE?

thanks

Dat

with Windows 98 SE it will work

If you want to use Winnt only (Recommended because of security considerations) I recommend to use a Wingate Proxy server. I have heard version 3 is free for private use and can be downloaded from the QBIK homepage.

hnd
hasso55@yahoo.com

I believe there is an FAQ in the Windows 9x/ME forum, so I will be brief.
Set up ICS using the Windows 98se wizard. Find this after adding it using Add/Remove Programs, then going under Internet Options.

Set up ur NT box to accept DHCP for IP addressing, and ur 98 box will serve it an IP address and gateway, and give it access to the Internet.

Check for the FAQ.
Good Luck.
>:):O> anongod@hotmail.com

"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back