Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercompany Transactions Not Showing Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizarjuggalo

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
US
Hello all,

We are running GP 10.0 and I have a small issue, I think. I have just recently starting working for this company and have been tasked with finding a solution to this issue. We have multiple entities in our GP and perform a large volume of intercompany transactions and journal entries. One of the things we do is that we use access to reach into the database and pull entries based on dates. The issue is that if a transaction was entered through intercompany the query does not pull the entries from the other entities. It is as if the dates do not pull over to the other entities through intercompany.

Something else I have noticed (whether it is related to my above issue) is that after posting the transaction or JE, in the originating entity, that the entry dates for the other entities don't show on the posting journal.

Thanks for any help.

This is by design, when an intercompany transaction is posted GP automatically performs the 'substitution' of the destination company accounts to the due to/due from accounts of the originating company.

If you need to know all the accounts involved, you would need to query the destination companies for them.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2009
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog:

Have you posted the intercompany batch created in the destination company?

Because of just this situation, I have setup business alerts against all companies to remind the accountants that there are Intercompany batches still waiting to post. A batch with an id starting with IC in the financial series is normally InterCompany.

Until they are posted, it is unlikely to show on your reports.

------
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back