Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercom same dn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpiche

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Hi,

We would like to be able to hang up 2 phones with the same dn and speak directly without calling or pressing any key but still be able to call this dn from other phones.

Is this possible ?

What kind of phones? Either way the answer is no. But you could put an Aut Answer key on a digital or IP set. When ever any0one would call it would automatically turn on the speakerphone if equipped.

3901 digital.

Ok. Is there a way so I can call the same dn as the one i'm calling from ?

You can make 2 phones the same DN and they will ring simultaneously.

Yes this is what i'm doing, but I would like to call from phone #1 with the extension 2218 to another phone with this same extension.

Sorry, if 2218 is busy on phone A how are you going to call 2218 on phone B? Not gonna happen

Not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to do but if key 0 is MCR then you could have the same DN and still call that DN from each phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back