Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercepting outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburger

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
GB
Is it possible that when a user dials a certain external number the switch intercepts the call, plays an announcement and then allows the call to continue as normal??

Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can use ARS digit conversion to do some really neat stuff, but it will not allow the call to go through after a message.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

This might work, I've never tried it.

Use digit conversion to send the call to a vector that will play your announcement, then route the call out using the trunk access code to bypass ARS.

DonBott

When a ext dials say 912345678, I want the definity to grab the call, play an announcement to say that the number dialled is changing to 987654321, but then route the call to the original number ie 912345678.

I thought you could do this, but the only problem I had was allowing the call to continue after the announcement had been played. The call would be routed to the original number, but the ars tables would match the number and play the announcement again, so the call would loop round.

donbott - to route the call out from a vector to bypass the ARS, how would you program that step???

route to (TAC)86754321 (no leading 9)

I've used TAC's a few ways, but not like this, but I think it would work. Allowing dial access is a bit of a security risk so
be careful

DonBott

You could add the new number when it changes in the ARS digit conversion tables so when they dial the old number it calls the new.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Yes, this is 100% doable with ars digit conversion. We route 411 calls to a nagging message saying how much money they are wasting instead of using yellowpages.com then let the call continue.

Strip all 7 digits and insert a vdn number 1234 using "net - ext" and "conv - y". In the vector, play the announcement then route to some dummy digits "92000000". Using ars digit conversion again, conver 2000000 back to your real number using "net - ars" and "conv - n".

-CL

lopes1211 - Thankyou very much, tried what you suggested and it worked first time. However there was a delay after the announcement played till the call routed to the outside world.

Again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back