Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intercepting copy row action in datasheet view

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugly

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
GB
My form is shown in datasheet view, I would like to intercept when the user copies a row, is this possible and how is it done

Do you mean when the user selects a row and hits EDIT+COPY or ctrl+C? Or do you mean when they enter data in a row that is exactly the same as the data in another row? Please explain more what you are wanting and why, and maybe we can help out. Thanks.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

I select a row RC and select copy, when the record is copied I need to perform another action in code.

What action? Maybe if you tell us what you are looking for, we'll have a solution for you.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

when I copy a record I also copy dependant records in a related table.(I know how to do this). I just want to insert this code on a copy method for the datasheet row

I looked up KeyDown and KeyPress events, but i don't think that'll work for you. How about putting code in the Double-Click event; then when you select a row and then double-click it (on the record selector), the code will fire. Write the code to copy, paste, append, whatever it is you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back