Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

interactive map

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskang

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
GB
Hi,

I want to learn how to make an interactive map using macromedia flash. Do you know any information on the web for making a map like a mouse over in flash.

Thanks

KANG

Hi Kang,
I am not sure what you mean by interactive map.
Do you mean that you have a kind of playground and when you mouse goes over a particular area it does something? Like make a noise, display an animation or a URL etc?

I found a very good site.. it is the 2nd time I put the URL down here, but the site really was helpful for me.....

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Hi,
why not just make some shapes and convert them to buttons?
Then edit the buttons with the actions you want.

If you want it more advanced convert the shapes into movieclips and assign a 'instance_name.onRelease = function()' somewhere in your action scrip, or perhaps onRollOver, or onMouseOver. Please look up what the exact function is, cause I am not sure.

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back