Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interactive mail to user as sole group member not sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalWeb

Programmer
Jul 31, 2009
AU
A database owner wants to review before forwarding report emails that are produced as responses to user inquiries. They are produced by a script that is triggered by a button on an inquiry form. On successful completion of the script, users see a messagebox indicating that the report will be sent to their inbox.

It won't always be him doing that job, however, so I want the mail sent to a group address rather than directly to his email ID (the inquiring user's name is part of the report header). Works fine unless he wishes to make an inquiry in his own right, in which case no mail is sent and no indication is given that that is the outcome. Nothing is logged; nothing is sent; nothing is received.

I seem to remember an ancient restriction in Notes mail that would not send mail to a user who was the sole member of a group. Do you know whether that restriction is still in place, and if so, can you suggest a way around it? The emailed report that's generated also includes an attached spreadsheet version of the response, which is built on a dummy Excel spreadsheet that I have set up in a known location on user PC's.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back