Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interactive input output for Decimal numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantanu

Programmer
Oct 25, 2001
IN
Actually I want to build a program which will add 2 decimal numbers and display its result on screen

I want that both the numbers should be provided by user as decimal inputs and output should also be in decimal . and it should be displayed on screen

Thanx in advance

Shantanu

Under what OS?

It can be outrageously simple in Win32 (at least I presume it would be, not that I ever tried it), and outrageously difficult in DOS16.

You mean interactive, as in, when the user inputs each single digit, the program automatically updates the output portion of the screen, that sort of thing?

Or you just want to input one number at a time, then output a number at the end?

"Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

No actually I want to implement a simple two number interactive addition program ( as beginners of C write ) using Assembly Language .

Waiting For Reply !
Shantanu

Like, under what OS?

DOS has a function which will automatically get a string from the user, AH=09h if I remember right. It's usually labelled "Microsoft recommends that you no longer use this function, unless you need it to maintain older code. Use other functions." but don't believe that, command.com uses that function and I'll be gurned if Microsoft or anyone removes it and forgets to remove it from command.com/ "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back