Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interactive email message using java

Status
Not open for further replies.

softjack

Programmer
Dec 4, 2005
IN
Hi,
I am trying to create an interactive email message that need to be sent to certain list of people with set of available option. The recipients will make their selection and the response will be sent back to the sender where it will be collated.

can someone suggest possible options to start with.

Thanks in advance

Softjack

Compose the message, send it, review the responses and get the results ...

Which part are you planning to automate and how? I can't see for the moment what has to do with J2EE.

Cheers,
Dian

hi Diancecht,
Thanks for responding...I'm sorry...it seems I couldn't explain the problem clearly...let me give u an example...

the sender will send an email to get some votes from a list of people.

now this email will have some links or buttons to choose the vote.

whenever any of the recipient submit his vote..a response is send back to the sender. the response will be collated with other responses... say giving a list of recipient along with their vote in a single message...somthing like tht.

about technology..i'm sure its something to do with J2EE.
pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Any idea???

regards,
Softjack

Well, to be sincere, I have no idea if that has anything to do with J2EE. But I'm totally sure that my security setting would prevent any email to do such things.

Cheers,
Dian

ok may be u r right...if u chk MS outlook 2003...whn u compose a new mail and click on option button it gives u such functionality...i'm not sure how to achieve that...does java mail api support it??...pls guide if u can help me to find the right thread whr i could put up my query (if u have some idea)

i'll highly appreciate that!!

thanks

softjack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back