Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interact with a file dialog that was opened by another application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPlank

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm performing some automated testing on a Portal application, and have hit a problem with dialog boxes for adding attachments to a note facility within the app. The tool I am using to do the automation is unable to interact with the dialog boxes, and it's too late to start again with something else.

I do however have the ability to call vbscripts and am trying to resolve the problem using this.

What I need to do is call a vbscript that can:
1. Identify the correct window (perhaps by its handle/title)
2. Add the file path to the dialog for the attachment I want to use.
3. Close the file dialog

It sounds very simple but I can't find anything much on Google that deals with windows that were NOT opened by the vbscript in the first place.

Help? :)

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

I'd look at AppActivate and SendKeys

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks PHV, that hint got me onto a solution...

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back