Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTER-VLAN ROUTING VIA 2620 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maczen

Instructor
Apr 12, 2008
US
I have a 2620 with 1x fastEthernet port and am trying to setup Inter-VLAN Routing... I currently have c2600-i-mz.122-6g and have located a site that claims to use c2600-i-mz.122-5d to perform this! When checking out feature navigator on both IOS version I cannot locate anything that states that either of these two versions are capable.. which leads to my first question... What am I looking for in Feature Navigator that states that a router can perform inter-vlan routing with 802.1Q???

Second if c2600-i-mz.122-6g is not capable does anyone have a 2620 image that I can use (Bert???) that will support IVL-R on a 2620 with 32/8??? (Or need I more RAM/Flash???)

Thanks in advance guys!

By the way.. got my info back from DeVry.. about 60 credits short of my bachelor's at the moment! Not as good as I was hoping but not bad either.. they accepted a good many so I cannot complain! Will be glad when that is behind and I can focus full time on CISCO!!! LoL

maczen,

I do not think it matters on the 2620 - setup subinterfaces for each VLAN and the VLAN tagging being used - 8021Q or ISL.

I know that you needed the 12.3 IP+ version (I think this was the one - you would have to check back in this forum a long long time for that post - like last year) to do it with a 2610 (10baseT router) because you always needed a Fast Ethernet router but they added support for the 2610s and 2611s.

I thought most IOS versions supported either ISL or 802.1Q on the Fast Ethernet routers!

Here is a cool link I just found on inter VLAN routing - have not spent much time here but it looks like a good place to start and add to our list -

See if this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back