Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inter-Org connection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTimbol

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
US
Can inter-org be used between a 5.5 org and a 2000 org? I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q238573,XADM: Installing, Configuring, and Using the InterOrg Replication Utility and it does not specifically mention 5.5. to 2000 directly. Thanks! :)

on an added note, how can I obtain the inter-org utility? Is it free or must I buy it? Thanks again :) :)

Yes InterOrg can be used for this. Although, Microsoft is vague to say the least about how to set up this utility. It is very powerfull, but the lack of support or information makes it cumbersome to use. InterOrg is on the Exchange 2000 Server CD under support (I believe). I've successfully used it in a Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. In my implementation the Exchange 2K was only intrested in replicating one way (5.5 to 2K). It worked fine, now 2k to 2k is another issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back