Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inter-digit timer and #

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurofen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
IE
Hello there,
I need the help of my colleagues on the Avaya world to try to sort an issue I have with in my system.
We have an emergency number of four digits that cannot be change since we should follow some kind of "standards".
This number is in the same range as some of our station ranges, so the number is 4444 and we have extensions in the 40xx to 49xx range.
in the 44xx range I have stations in the 441x to 449x but in the 444x range, this is the only one.
All phones are SIP.
When we dial 4444, we need to wait until de inter-digit timer expire in the SM and in CM to get the call connected to an analogue trunk.
If we dial 4444# we don't need to wait 6 seconds and the call goes straight to the trunk.
4444 is defined as AAR in the dial-plan.
I need to send the call as quick as I can to the analogue trunk, is a question of life-or-death - don't think I will ask for help if wasn't.
What I have done up to know,
Change 46xxsettings file and reduce interdigits timer to 3 seconds.
Change the inter-digits and MF in the ACM
Change the dialplan in the settings file and ACM to tight as much as possible the station range.

What I need-plan to do next....
Maybe changing 4444 from AAR to ext but I not too sure I can do this since the 4444 route change depending on the phone location...

The question really is; How can I simulate the # after the digits to expedite the call and reduce the time in 3 seconds?

Thanks for reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back