Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intenet cafe Apllication

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprocfu

Programmer
May 25, 2007
Hi, I have been asked by someone with a small shop if he can run 3 computers with XP Professional and controll them from another computer running XP Pro as well with an Internet Cafe Application. Also if you can suggest me a good Internet Cafe Application for XP Pro

I appreciate your assistance

Define "control"? How does he want to control them?

If he wants to limit what can be installed and/or run on the machine there are applications such as Microsoft's Steady State that put the PC in KIOSK mode. Limiting what can be done on the PC. I'm assuming this is what you mean by an "Internet Cafe application".

This however needs to be done form each of the machines and not from another one remotely.

You set up the application in each machine, and configure what can be accessed and what cannot.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hi, I mean a program that can let someone logon use Internet, Word, and so on and closes the session when the time is up for the user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back