Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intellsince

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgotovegas

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
US
Hi Folks
How do you get quick complete to work. I have this code:

Code:
PUBLIC frmMain as Object 
_SCREEN.Visible = .F.

SET PATH TO HOME(1);MENUS;Classes;Libs;DATA;SOURCE;OTHER;Graphics;FORMS
ON SHUTDOWN DO closedown
SET CLASSLIB TO clsForms.vcx
frmMain = CreateObject("MainForm")
frmMain.Show
READ EVENTS
[\code]

Now it seems to me you should me able to type frmMain. <- and when you type the dot a list box of properties and methods appear. I would also think that if you declared a variable and typed m. <- that a list of you variables would com up. Or is the VFP editor this weak of an editor. Does VFP 9 have any improvments to this. 

Is there an other editor, 3rd party that would give decent intellsince support for VFP. Or hopefully am I doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards
John

To much of a good thing - is a good thing!

Now it seems to me you should me able to type frmMain. <- and when you type the dot a list box of properties and methods appear. I would also think that if you declared a variable and typed m. <- that a list of you variables would com up. Or is the VFP editor this weak of an editor. Does VFP 9 have any improvments to this.

It works for me in VFP7.0,VFP8.0 and VFP.9.
There is also a pre-intellisense version that is available for VFP6.0 and I'm sure it would work as well.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

a) you would get intellisense woking on frmMain, if you'd define it LOCAL frmMain AS MainForm Of d:\somepath\clsForms.vcx, the CREATEOBJECT is insufficient for foxpro to know, how this is defined, even if you have SET CLASSLIB TO the classlibrary containing the MainForm class. Even if you executed that SET CLASSLIB at design time.

b) type ZLOC[Space] and you have the list of vars, type ZDEF[Space] and you have a list of constants. This works with VFP8 and above.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back