Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IntelliPoint 8.2 and IntelliType 8.2 - UAC issues on logon after build

Status
Not open for further replies.

noveyron

Technical User
Oct 7, 2007
GB
Hi

I am using SCCM 2007 R3 to roll out a few hundred Windows 7 Professional SP1 PCs. I would like to include the software and drivers for the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 during the rollout.

During my testing, I have been deploying the Drivers as a SCCM driver package, and the Intellimouse 8.2 and IntelliType pro 8.2 software as package/programs in SCCM.

The original setup.exes do not seem to respond to any of the standard command line switches to install silently.

I have therefore researched the subject on google and as a result, created a transform for the MSIs by using Orca to remove the LaunchCondition “Installed OR INSTALLGUID="{msiguid}" etc

The command line syntax that I have used for installing the programs via SCCM is as follows:

msiexec.exe /package ITP.msi TRANSFORMS=xyz.mst

msiexec.exe /package IP.msi TRANSFORMS=xyz2.mst

The problem that I am having is that if a standard user logs on when the build process completes, they get a UAC prompt for device driver software installation.

If an administrator logs on first, there are no issues.

Obviously we cannot have an administrator log on to every PC that gets built prior to a standard user logging on, I need to resolve this issue sensibly.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back