Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intellimouse explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmjn

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
US
I was having problems with the wireless intellimouse explorer. I uninstalled it and then reloaded it onto my win2000. I must of had another mouse loaded and it will only recognize the ps2 mouse not the wireless one which is connected in the usb plug. I plugged in the old mouse and it will only work with that one and not the wireless one.
I checked into the device mgr and the ps2 mouse is the only one listed. How do I fix this?
I read that if you use a piece of material over the mouse pad it makes the optical mouse work better and that's the problem I was having, now I can't get it back to normal.

First, is USB enabled in your CMOS? You must make sure your USB gets an IRQ in the CMOS.

Next, install the drivers after Win2000 loads. Then, remove the PS/2 mouse. If, after plugging in the USB mouse it doesn't work, try another reboot.

Failing that, your motherboard may need updated drivers to support USB devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back