Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intelimouse 2.0 programable buttons not working after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaw

Technical User
Apr 14, 2002
US
I am running Win2k Pro on a homebuilt box consisting of a KT7a-Raid mother board with an AMDAthlon "Thunderbird" 1.3 GHZ 266FSB processor, 768MB ram, ATI Radeon VE AGP 32mb dual display video card, 3 160gb maxtor 7200rpm HDs(not setup in a raid config), 450watt ps.
This combination has been very stable.I When I reinstall the intellipoint software that comes with the optical mouse I set the 2 side buttons for copy and paste, It works through 1 or 2 to reboots then stops. Any Ideas
Thanks in advance.

Forum616 for windows answers. I would guess your problem isn't hardware from your description.

I would uninstall anything to do with this mouse, turn it off, try a standard mouse by booting up and making sure the standard mouse is working ok. Then turn computer off and re-install the optical mouse and see that it is working ok and then install the intellipoint software and reboot before trying anything else with the mouse. Then do the special moves you want after it boots up again. Long way around to be sure, but if it works its worth it, if not, we may get an answer as to why it doesnt and where to look for solution.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

The only thing that works intermittantly is the programmable buttons. the mouse and the Lt and Rt click buttons, and scroll left and rt and the wheel always work.
I have removed and reinstalled the softwaer and rebooted.
A normal mouse works fine.
Thanks in advance.

Are you saying all is well now or do you still have the same problem?

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

The problem is intermittant.
I think I will try a different optical mouse.
It has been working all morning.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back