Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inteligent disaster recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2001
CA
does any one has the procedures for the IDR.

3weeks ago two of my hard disk failed on my server and it took us 15 hours to rebuild. most of it was trying to restore 90gigs of data.

I am trying to reduce the time to rebuild the server if something goes wrong.
I have the licence for IDR.
I follow the wizard and did not work.

Thank you in advance.
Juan

I have been testing doing the disaster recovery also. I have BE 8.5 version. nt4 server. also we have windows2000 servers. I have taken a nt4 pc. put agent on it, backed it up. created the disaster recovery disketts, then fdiskd the pc. on doing the restore, it sees the network card, says the values may not be correct. then will not boot up to the network so that I can do the restore. I shut the machine off/on and the wizard starts up again. I then did the same with a Dell windows2000 pc. and I thought it was going to let me connect,. but when it asks for the restore, then the message on the veritas backup is it failed to connect to machine. I tried to do the restore from the backup exec server. and it said it could not see the machine. it is in a loop. I also turn it off/on and it starts up with the disaster recovery wizard. ?? any ideas.??? Blonde here.

as far as setting up the disketts. I logged on to backup Exec server went tools and clicked on Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard. and went right thru making the disketts. Seemed simple enought. but I haven't got it to work yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back