Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intel Pro 100/s Desktop Adapter Keeps loosing settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty2hottie

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
CA
I have machines on my network, running Windows 2000 Professional SP2, The machines keep loosing the settings for the NIC. When you go into the properies of My Network Places, there is no Local Area Connection listed. However when you go into device manager, you see the NIC but the driver has to be re-installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Open the boxes and clean the card connections (some ppl use pencil eraser...others use alcohol) and blow them out with air and reseat them.
Fighting a video card right now that doesn't stay seated...you can load the drivers and it says okay, then you reboot and it finds a different card there...I'm about to take a hammer and do some creative rearranging of the case design to make the card seat properly. LOL
Seriously, it may help. You want very little of the gold traces from the plugin part of the card showing...fiddling is necessary.

We have experienced similar problems a couple of years ago when Intel bought out the "PRO 100+ S".

We were using the previous model PRO 100+ and changed to the PRO 100+ S but although Windows seemed happy at first it finally turned out that the drivers are completely new and would not coexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back