Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intel motherboard suddenly stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolseley

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
AU
I have got this motherboard : Intel Desktop Board D860PERL,,,,,,I just tried to change the case for it, now it does not work.

I unplug all the cables (CD and HD ,,the FAN does not spin (some time just start to spin and then stops) . I removed the cmos battery does not fix the issue.

I tried another power supply same thing still going on.

I have got another motherboard it behaved same thing with both power supplies? I do not know if I did something wrong with cablings ?

For the CPU fan to work (testing) do we need to connect the cables to a front panel jumper,,,,,I do not thing so,,,,,but I did connect them

I took the motherboard out the case (It might be shorting against the case) but that did not change the issue that I am experiencing

CPU fans generally connect to a fan header on the M/B.

Some M/Bs shut down if there is no fan.

What you describe re: fan shutdown can sometimes be a crowbar shutdown of the power supply because it is being asked to supply more power than it has available, generally from something hooked up wrong.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back