Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intel mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoja

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
How can you find out what brand of mother board you have in your pc? Is there a way to do it without opening it up?

Thanks.

Download, install and run Everest Home.

The answer has always been 42

This won't work on a network pc.

Why??

Is there a GPO that prevents an application from installing??

As you are IS/IT Mgt, logon as administrator, as an admin you should be able to do this.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

I am trying to load the Intel Desktop Utilities. When I do I get a message that says:

Intel desktop Utilities can only be installed on a computer based on an Intel motherboard. Install will now abort.

The PC does have an Intel processor but even signed on as the administrator it would not install.

Question was about using Everest Home as suggested by franklin97355.

This was to assist in determining the mobo type.
How can you find out what brand of mother board you have in your pc?
As from orig post you do not know what it is, and from trying to install the 'Intel Desktop Utilities' and receiving the message you state it must not be an Intel board.

Back to the orig track:

As suggested get and rub the Everest app & it will tell you what the mobo type is.

Here is the link

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back