Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intel ICH8M drivers for xp install! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boulder38

Technical User
Nov 26, 2005
Hi All,

ive got a fujitsu siemens laptop model - amilo pi 2515.

it came with windows vista on which isnt the problem. the programs im trying to use with it are the problem so im needing to go back to xp.

On the reinstall xp default drivers doesnt pick up the hard drive because its a SATA hard drive and assuming the controller is too new for xp to pick up on default drivers.

Ive tried looking everyway but cannot find any files to help with it.

can anyone help? all is appreciated!

Thanks Luke

Look for two things and defeat in BIOS:

1. AHCI...do not use this setting until you have the AHCI driver installed after XP
1. "SATA as legacy" or "SATA as IDE" under the "SATA" options in the BIOS. This will bypass the need for SATA drivers.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately due to the nice programmers at fujitsu, the BIOS is dummed down to allow to change the date time and boot order!

Would flashing the BIOS give more functionality?

Thanks Luke

boulder38 said:
Would flashing the BIOS give more functionality

Only if newer versions supported more options. Another solution would be to slipstream the SATA/AHCI XP drivers into the OS CD:
Tony

Users helping Users...

i have got a USB floppy drive that is supported yes! ive got a mitsmi one.

Ive been trying with this to try and get them installed using the txtsetup.oem file to tell it which files to use but then it just comes up saying that the file cannot be found! ill try that slipstreaming part of it, or have a go anyway!!

Thanks

AH HA!!!

ive done it

using the floppy disk and using the links that you gave me ive managed to do it! just started the install!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

GREAT! Now remember to install the AHCI drivers to be able to load your audio, modem etc. drivers. See if this applies to you:

I need to pick up one of those supported USB floppies before they go the way of the dinosaurs...

Tony

Users helping Users...

Dont think it does.

all im having trouble with is finding the drivers for the wireless, network card and sound
need to wait for wireless usb stick tomoz to get it hooked up to net so i can run uwindows update on it which will hopefully have some bits there for me!!!!

unless you know of the drivers somewhere?

Thanks tony

boulder38

Get the component information from the Fujitsu site:

There we find that the LAN chip, for example, is a Realtek - RTL8101E, a quick Google of that part + driver =

Do this with the remaining components, you should be able to hunt-and-peck for something that works.

Tony

Users helping Users...

You are a GEM!

that one worked so shall hook it up to net, run windows update and get any others i need to afterwards!!

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back