Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intel Centrino M chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadmancan

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2003
US
I know what Centrino's do. Their new features and such. What I dont understand as of yet is why the smaller sized chips. The laptops I am noticing on the various websites (ie. Dell, Toshiba, ect..)are 1.2GHz through 2.0GHz, small by the latest p4 chips. Are the benchmrks of these new chips faster? Looking for benchmark tests and havent found any yet. Thanks

the centrino processor may be marked at a slower megahertz but actually perform alot alot like the 2+GHZ processors because they have 1MB of cache on the processor, the reason that they dont mark them faster is because the dont want to Rip the AMD marking scheme. the core clock of a 1.2 centrino i think runs like a 2ghz processor.

"Did you ever wish a circle was a square, so when land sharks start circling the boarders you can just cut them off at the corners?" - Aesop Rock

er... so i forgot to say, yes the new centrino chips are faster and use consume less power which means more battery life

"Did you ever wish a circle was a square, so when land sharks start circling the boarders you can just cut them off at the corners?" - Aesop Rock

What I like about the people here at tek-tips is that they are always polite, courteous and patient. mozingod, the first half of the link to the article, with the hard data about the Centrino was GREAT. I learned alot from it. Thank you. But, the rest where the posts are, is awful. Uninformed people hurling insults at each other that dont know much of anything. Seemed like tech-snobs. What little I knew about the subject was small and I still knew more than those individuals. It made me appreciate helpful people here. So thank you mozingod and VMPhilosphy, I appreciate your help and information. I also went to intel's website and learned alot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back