Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration problems Crystal Enterprise + Java 3in1

Status
Not open for further replies.

siokping88

Technical User
Sep 13, 2003
MY
Hi all

Currently I am facing 2 problems as follows:

1. When I call a report from Crystal Enterprise, I can view and print the report. However, when I try to call it from Java 3in1, viewing the report is not a problem. However, when trying to print, an error message comes up saying, "An error occured on the server. Printing will be
stopped. Would you like to view the error information?" When I click yes, a screen comes up saying, "Information is needed before this report can be processed."

2. An error also appears when I try to view this report from the ePortfolio... This means I haven't even reached the printing stage. After typing in the parameter, the error message appears, "Failed to retrieve
initial report values. For example, the database information for this report could be incomplete or incorrect. This is a configuration problem.
Please contact your system administrator."

I have tried to troubleshoot the problem from the 3in1... it seems that when I remove the parameter from the report itself using CR and run it from 3in1, it will print. When I put the parameter back in and used the 3in1 to enter a cover note number that does not exist in the database and
no information comes up, it will also print. Its only when I enter a parameter that is actually inside and information is loaded into the report, that's when the error occurs.

My version is CR10, CE10

What could be the possible causes that causing these problems?

You might have better luck in the CE forum: forum782

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back