Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello all. I am new with using Great Plains. We have Integration Manager and some Integration routines setup. I need to import a text file to apply a check payment to an existing Invoice in Dynamics. Does anyone know how I can do this in Dynamics-Integration Manager.

If this is in payables then there is not an integration that will do this currently.

If it's in receviable this is available. Let me know and i will tell you what I know

Try importing the file into an access database table and work from there.....

Hello Hoggie,
I just want to ask about Integration manager
for last version (7.0)
as far as I know it will support all module except Bill of material transaction
is it true or not?

and can you send me some sample that I can learned more detail about this module

Thanks

Ari

Integration Manager does not work with all modules. Fixed Assets, for instance, was just added with the latest version. Another example is POP Receivings Transactions...this is available only as a SQL Optimized adapter, not through the standard adapter.

You have to look to see if it will work for the modules you need. If you do decide to purchase it, be aware that it is sold in three pieces now. One for basic modules, one for distribution series, and an additional XML adapter if you need to use XML.

I am also having an issue with Payables Management and Integration Manager. I am trying to import a .csv file with Payables. I have no trouble importing the Payables (Credits). However, when I post the batch, none of the GL accounts for the related expenses (debits) are there and the batch must be edited. Any suggestions? This is my first stab at Integration Manager and it is not going well!

Thanks

Dee

I have gotten everything to integrate but when I go to post the resulting batch it tells me that the batch must be edited. All the debits and credits equal but I get the messages:

"The purchases distributions does not equal the actual amount."
"The debit distributions do not equal the credit distributions"

Is there any way to override these messages? Can I change settings in Great Plains as these are the journal entries I want to make?

On the distributions there is a column that says Type. The value here has to basically match the values on the main transaction screen.

The amount in the Purchases field has to be in the distributions of type PURCH. The amount in the On Account field has to be in the distributions type PAY. Any Cash, Check, or Credit Card amounts should be under type CASH. And so on.

Thank you, stef. That helped but I am still having one issue. Each lines integrates with a warning. Basically, it is not grouping each invoice together. It is seeing each row on the spreadsheet as a separate invoice.

That has to do with your source files. You have to create a seperate source for distributions. You then have to have a way to group them, like document number. So, in your source file for distributions each line will reference which document number it belongs to.

It may be helpful to look at the sample integrations to determine how many files you need, what kind of information they should have, and how they should be linked. I know when I first started doing integrations I had to basically copy the sample integrations. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back