Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcteeitup

Programmer
Sep 28, 2007
US
Hello all,

"I'm getting a error message when running an integration. The message says "A line must be selected before accessing this screen."
Here's the entire message:

Opening source query...
Establishing source record count...
Beginning integration...
DOC 1 ERROR: A line must be selected before accessing this screen.
DOC 2 ERROR: A line must be selected before accessing this screen.
Integration Failed
Integration Results
2 documents were read from the source query.
2 documents were attempted:
0 integrated without warnings.
0 integrated with warnings.
2 failed to integrate."

Has anyone bumped into this before?
I'm using GP (Dynamics) v 9.0. The integration pulls data via ODBC from a mysql db.

What is the destination? This sounds like a window error passed through to the IM interface. Have you tried the macro ini file? It shows you what IM is doing on screen.

What version is this? What kind of connection string are you using to hit mysql? I'm wrestling with that in my v10 upgrade.

Here is the im.ini file for v8:

[IMDynPrv80]
DoUIRedraw = Yes
ShowDynamics = Yes
DumpMacro=C:\Macros.txt

check if you have any modified screens. IM needs unmodified screens to work properly.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

The destination is Sales Transaction. This all worked fine in 7.0. Ran into problems after upgrade to 9.0.

I didn't try the macro ini file. How would I do that? Didn't find any info on it.

Using version 9.0 of IM.
We are using a linked server which references a datasource to reach mysql. I can preview data w/o any problem so it looks like there's no issue with the connection.

Do modified screen only relate to 9.0? I'm pretty sure we had modified screens in 7.0 and I could integrate data from mysql in 7.0. I'll have to check.

The issue was the modified screens. The solution was
1. create a new user for running the integration
2. create a setfile for the new user so as to bypass the modified screens.

Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back