Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager & Modifier with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieaston

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
CA
Our current system database is Progress V6.3e and we have purchased Great Plains E-enterprise suite of modules. GP are telling us that we need to purchase these two modules.
Are they useful in anyway? We have 4 programmers here that say it would be a waste of money. Are comments, any experience out there doing data converting without them?

Thanks in advance.

The two modules which I left out on my earlier posting are.
Modifier with VBA and Integration Manager. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I have been a user and an implementer of Great Plain for 7 years. If you want to bring data into great plains on a regular basis then integration manager is very useful

If you want to get a large amount of data in as part of the initial install then it is not essential but I would think it unwise to let you technical people put the data directly into the back end database. You should either key in the opening balances or ask your reseller to do this for you.

From experience the number one cause for ongoing data corruption is bad data in the database put in without great plains front end data validation.

As for modifier with VBA. The screens on great plains are workable but if you have any area of your business that has a high volume of transaction entry then I would suggest that modifier could be very useful. Again if you feel this is something you don't want there is no reason why you shouldn't identify the screens that you would like altered to improve them for your business and ask your reseller to do this for you again. This would mean that there would be a chance that you would need to do this each time you upgraded.

Nearly all systems that I have put in have been with Modifier and those that haven't have suffered even if only in a small way. The integration manager is different and I would only say go with this if you want to bring data in from an external source on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back