Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlgroos

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
I am trying to use Integration Manager to import invoices from an text file into eEnterprise. I can get it as far as bringing in the header information of the invoices, but when I get down to the line items, it is failing miserably. I believe the failure is due to the fact that the line item does not seem to be tying correctly to the inventoried item and lot number, but I can't be sure. The logs state "Invalid procedure call or argument". I know it has got to be something simple, but I just seem to be missing it. If anyone out there can help, and need more information, just let me know what you need. Your help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks!!!

Lori

1. Are you using two data sources, one for the header and another for the detail?

2. Assuming #1 is done, did you set the keys for the header correctly, like invoice #.

3. Did you set the relationship between header and detail correctly?

Ok, after going through and double checking -- the answer is yes to all three questions. I am still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?? Thanks!

Gotta love GPS precise error messages.

Are you using SQL optimized or regular integration manager destination? Try both if you have them.

Have you applied all the service packs for your version?

Did you try techknowledge on customersource?

Please post your error log, maybe we can tell moer from that!

Dave

No kidding! I am using the regular integration manager destination and I will double check on the service packs. Thanks for all your help!!

The complete message I'm getting is as follows:
Log Text: DOC 1 ERROR: Invalid procedure call or argument
Source: Ln 3901 Col 2 / Update module / Last CBOM field read was 'Items'.'Quantity' / Last window field visited was 'OK Button K' of window 'SOP_Lot_Entry' of form 'SOP_Lot_Entry'

I am also using a 3rd party module for receivings (Intellisol PO module and Receivings). I am assuming that this could very well be the culprit as it is only failing at the item level. I can bring in all header information without a problem. Is it possible that because the inventory is received through another module, that it cannot tie it correctly in IM?

Thanks!!

IM isn't guaranteed to work with 3rd party apps, but I don't think that POP here should affect SOP.

If you take your text file and manually key in the data does it work or is there a data violation?

Are you using the right .SET file? That would be the one with your 3rd party app included.

It looks to me like either a data validation error or missing 3rd party app information on the client you're running.

Good luck

Thanks for all your help. I can manually key in the data without a problem. I'm not sure about the .SET file, but I will double check. I'll keep trying to see what I will do, eventually may end up looking at another route. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back