Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Gmail apps with SBS Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickers

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
I purchased and installed the Eclarsys Pro PopGrabber to replace the native POP3 connector by Microsoft, so that my client could use SSL, Port 995 with Gmail apps, and also to have the resolution better than every 15 minutes.

The ProGrabber is not reporting any errors.

Let me start at the beginning:

Yesterday morning there was no problems in receiving email from pop.gmail.com and the exchange server. That part was fine.

Since this is a SBS server, I use the server wizards to configure the services. In the I&E wizard of the SBS server, there is a place where you define for the exchange server how to handle the outgoing email, and it allows you to specify to use SSL or not, but doesn’t allow you to specify or change port assignments.

Yesterday morning, I was able to send email out (from the exchange server to the smtp.gmail.com smtp server) successfully, but the return address that the recipient saw was the authentication account used in the I&E wizard to establish connection between the exchange and smtp server (smtp.gmail.com) instead of the senders actual email address.

Thanks,
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back