Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Crystal Reports with InterSystems Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobinnorth

Programmer
Feb 6, 2007
US
I am in the process of integrating Crystal reports with an application that uses InterSystems Cache. In Cache ObjectScript I am using the $ZF command to open a compiled report that was created in Crystal reports.

My issue: When I make the call to the compiled Crystal report executable on the server using the $ZF command the Crystal report window displays and I can run the report. When I make the call to the compiled Crystal report executable from a client workstation the Crystal report window displays on the server when I would like it to display on the client workstation.

I understand that the $ZF command is used to make windows command calls but it seems to only make these calls on the server how can on make the call from the client computer without having to install the cache utilities on the client side.

Thank you

Do you mind sharing the code sample on how to embed crystal report with in cache application. Did you put it in Csp page or Class?
Can you list the steps how you did that.
I am very much interested. Please let me know as i really appreciate it.

Armani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back